What no one told me about grief is how lonely it is. No matter who else is mourning, you're in your own little cell. Even when people try to comfort you, you're aware that now there is a barrier between you and them, made of the horrible thing that happened that keeps you isolated.
Grief will enter your life in various ways throughout your life. Grief is inevitable but hard to deal with as many of us don't know what to say.
Today is 𝙉𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛 𝘼𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝘿𝙖𝙮, raising awareness of how we can cope with loss and support those grieving.
It's often difficult to know the right thing to say or do.
Sometimes words and small gifts to help them through grief can be helpful.
Throughout my infertility journey, I felt very alone; it's hard to describe. Often many would say things that didn't help, but they meant well, and some had very powerful words that were so thoughtful and perfect. Others didn't know the right thing to say and would send flowers and small gifts to remind me I was loved. These little gestures made a world of difference.
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙞𝙣 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩 𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨.
Grief never goes away, and sometimes it sneaks up on you. Trust me; I know it all so very well. Recently, I've been stressed and sad, and I realized my infertility grief is showing up unexpectedly.
Grief.com has excellent suggestions on what to say and not to say.
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙎𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛
1. I am so sorry for your loss.
2. I wish I had the right words; just know I care.
3. I don't know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way possible.
4. You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
5. My favorite memory of your loved one is…
6. I am always just a phone call away
7. Give a hug instead of saying something
8. We all need help at times like this; I am here for you
9. I am usually up early or late; if you need anything
10. Saying nothing, just be with the person
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙎𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛
1. At least she lived a long life; many people die young
2. He is in a better place
3. She brought this on herself
4. There is a reason for everything
5. Aren't you over him yet? He has been dead for a while now
6. You can have another child still
7. She was such a good person God wanted her to be with him
8. I know how you feel
9. She did what she came here to do, and it was her time to go
10. Be strong
#mailbyminnie #giftguide #Personalizedgifts #giftideas #griefsupport #grief #griefawareness #griefandloss #helpingothers #sympathygift #griefandlosssupport #nationslgriefawarenessday #griefjourney #griefsucks #giftguide #handmadegift #bekindtoyourself #spreadkindness #thoughtful #bekindalways #handmadegifts #customgifts #cle #artisanmade #handpouredcandles #reeddiffuser #soywax #handmadewithlove❤#carepackage #soywaxcandles